SABEW offers an updated and constantly growing spectrum of member services, including:
Awards and Competitions
- The Best in Business Contest that highlights overall excellence in newspaper business sections and pages, weekly business journals and wire services. The news contest rewards superior coverage of breaking news and enterprise stories.
- The Distinguished Achievement Award, presented annually to outstanding business journalists.
Education and Training
- An annual national conference that includes specialized workshops and panel discussions geared to expose SABEW members to new ideas in business and economic journalism. The annual event features speeches by important figures in the news and a provocative ethics discussion.
- Annual fall conference in New York City covering hot topics in business and economics.
- Scholarships presented to students and professionals.
- Specialized onsite and online programming, call-ins and webinars.
- Specialized programs covering vital topics facing business journalists.
- SABEW Endowed Chair in Business and Financial Journalism at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Martha “Marty” Steffens occupies the chair. The SABEW chair develops business journalist curricula for undergraduate, graduate and mid-career professionals.
- A member directory accessible only by members consisting of hundreds of business journalists in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Active social networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) with all the latest news and SABEW information.
- A new vibrant website. Redesigned with additional features, our web site (www.sabew.org) offers an up-to-date look at business journalism. The site also contains contest registration materials.
- Occasional newsletters. The Business Journalist features articles summarizing our most recent conferences.
- An online, searchable membership directory.