Welcome to the 20th annual Best in Business awards competition, sponsored by the Society of American Business Editors and Writers.
This contest covers work published, broadcast and posted in the calendar year 2014.
Eligibility, category, entry and deadline information is below. Winners will be notified in February, and a complete list will be posted at sabew.org. Award certificates will be presented at ceremonies at the 52st annual SABEW spring conference in Chicago, April 25, 2015.
The 2014 Best in Business contest opens Dec. 1, 2014.
DEADLINES: Entries must be submitted by 10:59 p.m. (CST) Jan. 28, 2015 (11:59 EST, 9:59 MT, 8:59 PT).
HOW MUCH: Early-bird entry fees: $60 individual/$125 General Excellence available until 10:59 p.m. (CST) Dec. 31, 2014 (11:59 EST, 9:59 MT, 8:59 PT). Regular entry fees: $65 individual /$125 General Excellence will begin Jan. 1, 2015.
NEED HELP? Send us your questions at email@example.com.
· New divisions for coverage of Health Care, Energy and Government
· In its third year: Innovation. Innovation entries can be packages that combine multimedia elements in unique, interesting ways. Data visualization projects are encouraged for entry in this category.
· In its second year: A new division called Social Media that allows for 10-15 social-media entries that demonstrate a creative timely skillful use of the medium.
• One story or project may be entered into a maximum of two categories. (The contest previously allowed unlimited categories for one piece of journalism.)
• Blog categories have been merged with Opinion/Column to form Commentary.
• For the most part, we’ve eliminated mandatory dates. Enter the work you think is best, as long as it was published in 2014. Exceptions: With some General Excellence categories, we’re asking for “weekday” and “weekend” choices.
• Entries in Personal Finance, Real Estate, Small Business, Technology, Health Care, Energy and Government divisions no longer need to share common bylines. An entry may include five pieces from one reporter or a selection of pieces from various reporters as long as they fall within the category subject.
• Early-bird entry period is in its third year. Get a head start on the contest and save a little money ($5 on single entries) by entering between 12:01 a.m. Dec. 1, 2014 and 10:59 p.m. (CST) Dec. 31, 2014.
Please use the links below for more detailed information and instructions.
Rules for each division are listed below
Questions? Send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org. For general contest information, contact SABEW executive director Kathleen Graham, email@example.com. If you would like more information about SABEW membership, contact membership coordinators Spring Eselgroth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Society of American Business Editors and Writers
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication,
Arizona State University
Suite 416, 555 North Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85004-1248
Phone: (602)-496-7862 Fax: (602) 496-7041
©2001 - 2014 Society of American Business Editors and Writers, Inc.