Deadline – 10/31/20
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented reporter to join the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC’s Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about money, entrepreneurship, leadership and careers. The Reporter will be a member of the Money team. They will be responsible for pitching and creating engaging personal finance-focused content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
What you’ll do: Generate story ideas, report, write and create digital content on all topics related to personal finance, including retirement, savings, student loans, personal wealth, investing, budgeting, etc. Help grow the Make It brand and cultivate an engaged audience and contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• At least 3 years of experience as a writer/reporter.
• Ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment.
• Familiarity with following and reporting on personal finance topics.
• Familiarity and comfort with social media.
• Ability to convey to readers why and how high-level or abstract stories could affect them.
How to Apply