Application deadline: May 31
This Senior Manager position on Ceres’ Foundation Team is for a highly motivated candidate interested in working in a mission-driven, dynamic and fast-moving organization that has been recognized as one of the most effective environmental NGOs in the world. The ideal candidate will have excellent relationship management, analytical, writing, and personal communication skills, be a fast learner, a team player, and able to manage challenging and competing deadlines.
The Senior Manager is a crucial member of Ceres’ Foundation Team, which raises approximately $20 million per year or about 70% of the organization’s annual revenue. This role is focused on fundraising from national, regional, and international foundations, as well as government funders. The Senior Manager will work closely with the Senior Director, Foundation Development and program staff including in Ceres’ Food & Forest and Water Programs to develop and articulate nuanced and high-impact strategies, to grow funder relationships to ensure continued philanthropic support. The Senior Manager will manage a portfolio of foundation partners that includes five- and six-figure funders and prospects. In addition, they will supervise a staff member to help manage this portfolio.
We prefer for this full-time position to be based in our Boston office, but would be open to considering remote employment. This role may include up to approximately 10% travel when travel resumes after the pandemic. The ideal candidate will have excellent internal and external relationship management skills, analytical and persuasive writing and oral communication skills, project management skills, and demonstrated capacity to manage challenging and competing deadlines.
• At least seven years of full-time professional experience; four or more years of experience in a relevant field such as foundation fundraising/development.
• Strong writing skills with demonstrated interest and aptitude in persuasive writing.
• Strong communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with external audiences and stakeholders.
• Knowledge and experience with standard development practices and techniques, including foundation proposal writing and prospect research.
• Excellent organizational abilities.
• Demonstrated capacity to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work well in a fast-paced environment
• Experience hiring, training, and supervising staff and supporting professional development.
• Ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
• Proficiency with database applications and MS Office Suite.
• Passion for addressing climate change, water stewardship, environmental and/or sustainability issues. • Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
• Ability to travel (up to approximately 10%) when travel resumes after the pandemic.