New York, NY or Chicago, IL (remote at first)
Application Deadline: October 18
Ad Age is looking for a news-oriented reporter to own one of its most prominent areas of coverage: advertising agencies. Created in 1930 to cover a burgeoning industry with objectivity, accuracy and fairness, Ad Age today is a global media brand focusing on curated creativity, data and analysis, people and culture, and innovation and forecasting. From vital print editions to must-attend events and innovative platform offerings, its industry-leading offerings include the coveted A-List & Creativity Awards, the Ad Age Next Conference and proprietary data such as the Leading National Advertisers Report from the Ad Age Datacenter.
• At least 3 years of solid reporting experience.
• Ability to cultivate sources and break daily news on a busy and competitive beat.
• Ability to write in-depth features on major issues affecting the industry and its challenges.
• Must be able to do informed fast-turnaround stories for a daily news site and bi-weekly print magazine.
• Ability to help program and host industry-specific events.
• Post-COVID, this reporter will travel a few times a year to cover industry tentpole events.
• Understanding of the industry and its players is preferred.
• Position will begin remote. Once safe, the reporter will work from our midtown Manhattan office. Possibility to work from our Chicago office for the right candidate.