S&P Global Market Intelligence
Application Deadline: October 30
The Private Equity reporter will be responsible for conceiving and writing exclusive news features, covering industry events, and producing data driven insight into the latest private equity trends. While their main focus will be on the US market, they should understand what is happening in the industry globally, and be able to contribute to content produced by other members of the team. The reporter will also represent the S&P Global Market Intelligence Private Equity news team at conferences, participating as a panelist or moderator during discussions, and will help drive recognition of our brand and team within the industry through contact building exercises. Other ad hoc tasks will include covering quarterly earnings calls, being a point of contact for other news teams as and when they have private equity-related questions, and producing engaging posts for the team’s social media channels.
What’s in it for you: Competitive benefits including four weeks of paid vacation, 20 weeks paid parental leave and generous tuition reimbursement. Build an expertise in an important sector of the economy. Develop a robust network of industry and professional contacts. Be part of a team that has a deep knowledge and passion about the industry sectors it covers. Enjoy a casual working environment.
- Minimum of two years’ experience covering private equity or the broader alternative assets market
- Formal journalism or other writing qualification
- Ability to produce self-generated news stories and to work on joint / co-bylined pieces
- An existing private equity contact book, or ability and drive to quickly build one
- Experience of working with data in news stories and features
- Experience of moderating panels or speaking at events is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English