Application Deadline: Oct. 8
We’re looking for a sharp Associate Editor to be a part of our new Payments Dive publication. You’ll regularly write stories on the payments industry for a business audience, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original stories. You’ll assist in editing during our newsletter process, build sources, and collaborate with a small team. This position reports to the Managing Editor.
- A track record of strong writing and reporting skills and ability to thrive in a fast paced news environment.
- Experience in business journalism and some type of payments reporting is preferred.
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts and major news stories, including financial reports and government regulations.
- Ability to build relationships with industry, government and other sources and grasp complex subjects related to the payments industry.
- Strong digital news knowledge and aptitude.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines, including breaking news coverage.
- Proficiency in social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- 1-2 years experience writing and reporting.