New York, NY
Planet Money is looking for a new producer to join our highly-collaborative, tight-knit team. We move fast. We hold ourselves to high standards. We treat each other with respect and consideration and we laugh in our morning meetings often. We also nerd out about economics and storytelling and take mentoring and professional development of junior producers seriously. Right now, we need someone who can get excited about the topics we cover, about making our show even better and about helping our talented hosts do their best work on tight deadlines.
- Minimum education experience, required or preferred. (Ex: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience)
- 1-3 years of experience in a news environment or working experience in the field of economics.
- Experience in podcasting and/or radio broadcasting.
- Ability to edit audio decisively, on deadline, ideally in Pro Tools.
- Strong storytelling sensibilities, an ability to identify anecdotes that can bring a larger idea or research finding to life, able to re-structure a story to enhance clarity and flow.
- Experience and demonstrated commitment to fact checking.
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline pressure.
- Ability to handle more than one assignment at a time; ability to prioritize, anticipate and communicate effectively.
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating, at all times, respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system 3-8 years experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot audio recording in remote environments.
- Experience booking guests on deadline.
- Ability to edit audio decisively on deadline, with little supervision or guidance.
- Ability to handle complex projects with little guidance at high journalistic standards.
- Ability and willingness to relocate. In the future, NPR may choose to transfer employees to other geographic locations. Severance provisions of the AFTRA collective bargaining agreement will apply should you choose not to accept a transfer.