The Denver Post
Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
The Denver Post is seeking a well-rounded reporter to become a member of its business team. Candidates must be self-starters and willing to cover a range of topics — from commercial real estate developments, to openings and closings of businesses, to the latest retail trend and more. We care about what consumers are interested in and what they’re talking about. Our ideal candidate has at least five years of reporting experience, some of it handling business news, and a demonstrated ability to see the bigger picture and turn breaking news stories into deeper enterprise pieces. The ability to work on multiple projects at the same time while also developing sources is a must. Experience finding stories in data that are sophisticated enough for a business-savvy reader but accessible enough for a general audience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Basic photo and video skills.
• Basic understanding of standard curation techniques
• Demonstrated proficiency with social media tools
• Strong reporting and writing skills
• Ability to multi-task and work quickly to meet deadlines
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to travel to report events Prior newspaper experience preferred
How to Apply