Application Deadline: Oct. 7
We’re looking for a sharp reporter to be a part of our new Payments Dive publication. You’ll regularly write business, financial and regulatory stories on the payments industry, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original stories. The job will give you an opportunity to build a beat in the burgeoning payments arena. You’ll assist in editing during our newsletter process, cultivate relationships with sources, and collaborate with a team of experienced journalists. This position reports to the managing editor.
- A track record of strong writing and reporting skills and ability to thrive in a fast paced news environment.
- Experience in business, financial services, payments and/or fintech reporting is highly preferred.
- An ability to interpret and analyze business concepts and major news stories, including financial reports and government regulations.
- An ability to build relationships with industry, government and other sources and grasp complex subjects related to the payments industry.
- Strong digital news knowledge and aptitude.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines, including breaking news coverage.
- Proficiency in social media platforms.
- A bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 3 years experience writing and reporting.