McKinsey & Company
Application Deadline: Oct. 30
You will work closely with McKinsey authors—typically senior consultants and industry/functional experts—to develop original survey content that showcases McKinsey’s distinctive knowledge and expertise in important management topics.
- 10+ years of professional experience in business writing and editing, including digital publishing – preferably for an English-language publication, a professional-services firm, or a research/insights organization or department.
- Familiarity with survey development, research methods, and/or communication of data-based insights.
- Strong editorial judgment; ability to rapidly absorb complex ideas and interpret large data sets and distill them into accessible multimedia content for global audiences.
- Experience curating and repurposing content to extend its reach.
- Solid understanding of general business concepts; Excellent communication skills (many of your interactions will be remote).
- Exceptional project-management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, manage complex processes, and meet both short-term and long-term deadlines.
- Ability to confidently and tactfully engage with senior staff and subject-matter experts; skill at achieving consensus and moving projects forward.
- Positive attitude and team orientation.
- Willingness to be edited by peers and to receive and act on feedback.
- Ability to work independently in a low-structure environment and to deal with ambiguity; willingness to proactively seek guidance when appropriate.