San Francisco, CA
Bisnow is seeking a high-energy, collaborative and news-obsessed individual to join our growing editorial team in the Bay Area! The perfect fit for this position will quickly master the Bisnow editorial process, can maintain and build relationships and will keep up with our fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Writing roughly six – ten articles a week of varying lengths and types, and producing daily morning briefs.
- Covering breaking news and deeper enterprise reporting in the Bay Area’s commercial real estate industry.
- Working a beat, traveling around the Bay Area covering the latest trends, personalities and news related to the commercial real estate industry.
- Infiltrating the CRE industry — turning arcane data into useful and entertaining information while maintaining personal relationships with lots of leads and sources.
- Having an intimate knowledge of San Fran’s CRE business — knowing where the major players are located, what deals they are responsible for and what events they attend.
- Working with the global news teams on major projects and national series.
- Working with a local team of event producers and sales representatives to assist in the content of events.
What are we looking for?
- Great writing skills.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Digital experience and at least two years of experience in business journalism.
- The personality of a self-starter and must be a thoughtful and articulate writer who is interested in building his or her voice and journalistic brand on Bisnow.com.
- A commitment to seeking diverse stories and sourcing.
- Must have ability to travel around the bay area, and must have availability to attend/cover Bisnow-hosted events.
- Though not required, it would be a plus if the candidate has knowledge of commercial real estate, urban and community planning and urban design, and especially contacts within those scenes.