U.S. News & World Report
Application Deadline: December 31, 2021
|Are you up to the challenge? You should be a recognized expert in the private student loans field, with demonstrated expertise via your writing samples and media clips, comfortability with media appearances, and excellent writing skills. As part of the job, you’ll research and write consumer-friendly student loans stories each week, update student loans content for freshness, and perform an expert review of other student loan content on our site to ensure accuracy and demonstrate expertise to our audience. You’ll also contribute ideas to our student loans advice content strategy and work closely with our PR team to prepare for television, radio and web appearance.
This position involves working closely with an enthusiastic, highly collaborative team of editors, social media experts and PR and communications professionals in a fast-paced digital environment. Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
You should definitely have:
– A minimum of three years of journalism experience, with a background in the student loans space
– Strong knowledge of the private student loan industry
– Previous experience with media appearances and interviews
– Solid understanding of SEO concepts and best practices
– Strong knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
– The ability to multitask and work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced, digital environment
– Excellent communication skills
– College degree or equivalent
It would be nice if you had:
– Expertise in other consumer loan areas, like personal loans, home loans or business loans
– Experience with content management systems
– Experience using Google Docs and Sheets
– Familiarity with SEMRush
– Experience with traffic analytics tools like Google Analytics
What it’s like to work with us:
– Talent is our best asset! We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
– Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
– Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
– Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement and training
– Collaborative work environment – fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Please note that we will not offer visa sponsorship for this position. Submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.