Association of Health Care Journalists
Application Deadline: March 10
The Association of Health Care Journalists is seeking a leader passionate about journalism to take the helm of a thriving membership and educational organization at a time when journalism, especially health coverage, has never been more essential. The Executive Director will lead an engaged and dedicated staff in supporting and educating our diverse worldwide membership, which includes people working in print, online and broadcast, students and professors, newcomers and old hands – all committed to improving public understanding of the most vital issues of our day.
• At least 10 years of experience in a position involving relevant knowledge and skills.
• Experience directing staff, including setting priorities for others and coaching them toward goals.
• Professional journalism experience and commitment to journalism’s core values and ethics.
• Strong financial acumen, fundraising and grant development skills.
• Experience in collaborative roles involving negotiation and relationship-building with diverse stakeholders.
• Outstanding written and oral communication, as well as effective interpersonal and technical skills.
• Track record of successfully overseeing budget, revenue and expense management.
• Track record of promoting diversity and inclusion.
• Experience conducting, moderating or speaking at professional training events.
• Past involvement or membership in professional association or similar nonprofit.
• Experience teaching or mentoring college students.