S&P Global Market Intelligence
Application Deadline: April 1
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking an enterprising journalist to cover the clean energy transition, including the emerging technologies and policies that will help the U.S. and the rest of the world decarbonize.
The successful candidate will also cover energy cybersecurity issues and assist in our coverage of major federal regulatory and legislative power developments impacting the power sector.
The role requires the reporter to identify the most important news developments in the sector and craft proprietary daily stories and in-depth features on key trends. The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently while also being willing to work collaboratively on in-depth dives into topics of high interest.
The reporter must be capable of writing about complex topics in a way that can be easily understood by non-industry insiders. They also will be required to write about issues that can be highly charged politically in a manner that is neutral, factual, and not susceptible to cries of bias.
- Strong writing and reporting skills, along with excellent news judgment.
- Minimum 2 years of journalism experience.
- Experience with breaking news coverage.
- Experience with feature writing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the clean energy transition, climate change policy, or the energy industry.
- Experience covering regulatory, financial or legal developments.