New York, NY
Observer is looking for a reporter to cover money and markets. We’re seeking someone with a comprehensive knowledge of the global economy, Wall Street and finance, but who also is deeply curious about all things money, from DAOs to hedge funds to SPACs to the latest in fintech. This reporter will know about the stories everyone else is writing, but will understand where to find the stories no one else is writing. At its core, this beat will be about power and the powerful, and understanding how money shapes the world we live in. We’re looking for a reporter who can see both the big picture and the connections that link companies to markets to investors to economies, but embraces the details. We’re looking for stories that go past the headlines and reveal bigger truths about how capitalism works today.
* At least four years of experience reporting about finance or related experience
* A facility with writing both breaking news and longer enterprise stories
* Fluid and authoritative writing
* The ability to develop sources and break news
* A comfort with data and experience building their own charts
* An eagerness to find and pitch story ideas daily
* Interest in contributing to or writing a newsletter
*High journalistic standards, attention to detail, and the skeptical heart of a fact-checker.
Our headquarters are in New York City, but we will consider remote candidates who live in the United States. Observer is the essential source of news, data and insight about the powerful forces that shape the world. Observer inspires and challenges an urban audience of global thinkers, business leaders and influential, highly engaged consumers. Observer Media is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Observer Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.