Job Title: Data Journalist
Location: New York City; Santa Clara, CA; Los Angeles; Austin, TX; or remotely for the right candidate.
Application Deadline: June 7, 2022
Realtor.com® Is Seeking a Full-Time, Data-Driven Journalist We’re seeking an experienced news and/or business reporter who is comfortable working with data and spreadsheets as well as interviewing sources to report and write compelling stories about the housing industry. Candidates should be familiar with using SQL to query databases. Bonus points for candidates who can also visually present data clearly, complementing their written stories with clean and engaging maps, charts, graphs, and/or illustrations.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism or related field (Preference for candidates who have completed a data journalism or data science program, certificate course, or training.)
- 5 years of relevant experience preferred, with a focus on news, business, and data-driven reporting
- Have a collection of published stories that demonstrate an ability to work with numbers and statistics
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Familiarity with Python or R preferred.