Bloomberg Industry Group
Application Deadline: July 1, 2022
We’re looking for a seasoned narrative audio journalist, who has worked in radio or podcasting, who has produced audio stories (not just interviews, but stories with multiple guests, archival audio clips, collected sound from events, etc), who is also skilled at the technical aspects of recording audio, editing audio and some sound design. The candidate should have work samples, a demonstrated experience with turning hard to explain topics into compelling audio stories, and an interest in law, government, and policy.
- Experience in long form storytelling formats, including generating and fleshing out story ideas.
- Demonstrated experience producing engaging narrative audio stories for podcasts or radio.
- Proven ability to think big picture about approaches to covering hard to explain topics.
- Demonstrated familiarity with best audio editing and production practices.
- High proficiency with audio editing software including Adobe Audition and/or Pro Tools.
- Professional knowledge of microphones, and multi-track and portable audio recorders.
- Excellent news judgment and commitment to best journalistic practices.
- A strong interest in our key areas of coverage: law, government, tax and accounting.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage production workflow in the midst of a creative process; skilled at balancing priorities, quality, and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5+ years producing audio content, including radio features or long form narrative podcasts.