New York, NY
International Financing Review, the leading source of information on fixed income and equity markets, is looking for a knowledgeable and motivated reporter to cover ESG and sustainable financing. Our ideal reporter is likely to have contacts in the financing industry – and the charm and energy to add more. He or she will also have a track-record of breaking news – especially news that someone didn’t want to see in print. You will write for IFR and Refinitiv platforms, providing real-time coverage for IFR’s website and Eikon/Workspace and longer-form pieces for IFR magazine.
- Breaking news and writing on IFR’s website and Refinitiv’s Eikon/Workspace platform, ensuring a daily flow of information on new deals, pricing, terms and themes in an efficiently and timely fashion across the products
- Covering ESG financings and issues in sometimes considerable depth, but explaining them in a clear and punchy fashion
- Exercising sound news judgment on what moves markets and why
- Establishing and maintaining close contact with bankers, traders, investors, lawyers, analysts, regulators, etc.
- Experience in reporting, research or market experience covering or working in the capital markets
- Editing experience an advantage
- Knowledge of the issues surrounding ESG finance an advantage
- Ability to write quickly and with style and depth
- Relevant financial reporting experience
- Excellent writing and analytical skills to interpret fact and opinion
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple priorities and timelines
- Knowledge of companies, financial markets, investment banking and macroeconomics
- Proven organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Skills developing market sources and contacts, using sources and contacts developed in previous work