Job Title: Manager, Center for California Real Estate
Reports To: SVP of Marketing and Communications
Are you someone who values learning and enjoys a variety of assignments, challenges, and opportunities? Are you someone who enjoys meeting new people and finding ways to collaborate with them on new projects? Are you deeply interested in policy surrounding housing and the environment? If so, this is a great opportunity for you to use your skills to help manage the thought leadership initiatives of CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®(C.A.R.), and specifically to oversee the activities of the organization’s institute, the Center for California Real Estate (CCRE).
We are looking for a manager to oversee, direct and implement thought leadership initiatives for the Center for California Real Estate. CCRE is focused on housing affordability, housing and climate change, homelessness, and other critical challenges facing the state.
This position encompasses various responsibilities, including identifying and developing partnerships with key external organizations such as think tanks and academic institutions to create new programming for the members of C.A.R. and the media. The manager will oversee planning the center’s conferences, panel discussions and other convenings. The manager will focus on raising the profile of CCRE with the public utilizing C.A.R.’s media relations capacity. Ultimately, CCRE activities are designed to foster leadership in key focus areas and make a positive impact in the housing arena.
- Develop and implement programming (workshops, roundtables, etc.), and major events such as housing summits targeting members and the public
- Conduct research with respect to public policy, legislation, economics and other areas relevant to housing and use this research to develop new types of thought leadership initiatives
- Write a variety of collateral including reports, executive summaries, and website content
- Develop and nurture strong connections with current and potential stakeholders interested in California housing
- Work with staff and external media experts to enhance the positioning of CCRE among the public
- Other communication activities as assigned
- 3-5 years of professional experience in public policy, political science, economics, communications, or journalism
- Ability to initiate and manage projects for internal and external stakeholders
- Strong ability to conceptualize, develop, produce and execute programming and content
- Excellent communication skills, strong strategic thinker, strong research capabilities
- Expert skills in creating Keynote/PowerPoint presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields
- Familiarity with public policy, housing, climate change, or economic issues
- Advanced degree in a related field
About the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
The CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® offers a collaborative environment that will allow you the opportunity to work on impactful projects that make a difference to the residents of California. What we love the most about working here are the autonomy, collaborative team environment and commitment to a positive work/life balance. CCRE is in a unique position to drive the conversation around critical issues facing the state. We need a dedicated creative individual to shape this unique think tank and impact the dialogue and activities surrounding housing in California.
C.A.R. is among the most powerful trade organizations in the state with 214,000 members. It is dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in real estate. For more information, visit car.org and centerforcaliforniarealestateorg.