In case you needed some data-driven reasons to support SABEW’s mission with your generous donations, let’s count the ways:
- More than 3,700 journalists participated in SABEW programs and awards competitions this year.
- 1,534 journalists watched SABEW’s virtual training sessions (10 sessions), virtual conference sessions (13 sessions) and our new series launched this year called Legends in Business Journalism (three programs).
- 583 people attended one of our six 2022 events since we paused in-person gatherings due to COVID.
- 211 SABEW members (out of 1,696 submissions) were honored for Excellence in Business Journalism through our Best in Business Awards in the U.S. and Canada, Book competition (including a new personal finance award launched in 2022), and SABEW’s Distinguished Achievement Award and President’s Award.
- 105 people participated in Fellowship opportunities designed to advance students, journalists of color, women and mid/early-career journalists.
- We released seven First Amendment statements and supported Sunshine Week, World Press Freedom Day and Student Press Freedom Day.
Thank you for your friendship and support!