Apply to be a Goldschmidt FRED Fellow and attend an in-person advanced data workshop in St. Louis! Journalists chosen to be a Fellow will have the opportunity to:
- Visit the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis to learn about economic data.
- Discover how to graph differing types of FRED data.
- Learn about new data releases.
- Explore data and special reports that can help you create new stories.
- Hear from speakers who will discuss how they take the pulse of the American economy, feed that information to the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) and influence interest rate decisions.
Applicants must be SABEW members. To check the status of your membership, email Tess McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellows will be expected to attend an opening reception on Sept. 28 and the full-day workshop on Sept. 29. Fourteen applicants will get hotel accommodations at the nearby Drury Inn at the Convention Center. Local applicants are encouraged, as are those whose employer can fund their accommodations. All travel is at the expense of the attendee. Many meals are included.
Application deadline is today, August 30, with fellows notified on August 31. Fill out the form here: FRED Workshop Application.
The workshop is funded by a grant to SABEW from the Walter and Karla Goldschmidt Foundation and organized by Marty Steffens, SABEW chair at the University of Missouri. The St. Louis Federal Reserve will be supplying much of the content.
Follow the workshop conversation on X: #SABEWandFRED.