Calling all D.C. SABEW Members. Join SABEW and the National Association of Business Economists for an afternoon of programming with the heads of the statistical agencies, White House Economic Adviser Jared Bernstein, economists and business journalists on Tuesday, July 19, at the Four Seasons Hotel Washington, D.C.
The registration period has passed.
1 p.m. – Coffee and Registration (please bring vax card)
1:20 – 2:25 p.m. – Keys to Understanding Today’s Labor Markets
- Jared Bernstein, Council of Economic Advisers – The White House
- Nela Richardson, ADP
- Moderator: Michael Horrigan, CBE, W.E. Upjohn Institute
2:30 – 3:15 p.m. – The Road Ahead for the Auto Sector
- Elaine Buckberg, Chief Economist, General Motors
- Introduction: Yelena Shulyatyeva, Senior U.S. Economist, Bloomberg Economics
3:20 – 4:20 p.m. – *Maintaining the Quality and Integrity of U.S. Government Data
- William Beach, Commissioner, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Mary Bohman, Acting Director and Deputy Director, Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Robert Santos, Director, United States Census Bureau
- Moderator: Jeanna Smialek, Federal Reserve and Economics Reporter, The New York Times The New York Times
*This session is produced annually through a partnership with NABE and SABEW.