Join SABEW for this special skills workshop
Friday, Oct. 14 from 12:30 – 6 p.m. ET
The Wall Street Journal’s New York Newsroom
1211 Ave. of The Americas, 9th Floor, NYC
Registration for this event has closed.
SABEW, the leading association for business journalists, has assembled a top-notch workshop entirely focused on leadership coaching, live blogging tips, plus resume and clip reviews. Learn how to look & sound smart on video and audio, and pitch tips to get booked. The day will conclude with a wine & cheese networking mixer hosted by The Wall Street Journal.
The workshop is open to all reporters, editors, and journalism students.
Topics to include:
- The Art & Science of Live Blogging: facilitated by Traci Carl, deputy editor for live journalism at The New York Times and Charles Forelle, finance coverage chief at The Wall Street Journal
- Raise Your Game and Get Booked – How to pitch your story and make a great impression when you go on-air: facilitated by Mary Duffy, vice president, strategic talent development; Sharon Epperson, senior personal finance correspondent; Kevin Flynn, executive producer, Closing Bell: Overtime; Lori Ann Larocco, senior editor of guests; AJ Vielma, line producer, The Exchange and reporter/producer, CNBC en Espanol
- Business Basics: facilitated by Bowdeya Tweh, deputy corporate bureau chief at The Wall Street Journal
- Elevate Your Leadership – Best practices for increasing performance and engagement: facilitated by Cathy Carter, strategic leadership adviser at C2x Leadership
- One-on-One Coaching: Here’s your chance to get paired with an editor or hiring manager, get your resume or clips reviewed, practice your story pitch or brush up on your interviewing skills (note: will need to sign up and submit material by 5 p.m. ET, Thursday, Oct. 6)
Follow the conversations on Twitter using: #SkillUpSABEW