Congratulations to the SABEW20 Xana Fellows!
- Annalee Armstrong, Associate Editor, S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Laura Garcia, Health Care Reporter, San Antonio Express-News
- Kelli Grant, Senior Editor, CNBC
- Christine Haughney, Senior Editor, Biz Tech Investigations, NBC News
- Kate Hopwood, Business Editor, The Canadian Press
- Kim Lyons, Weekend Editor, Vox Media/The Verge
- Claire Neary, Senior Editor, Report on Business, The Globe and Mail
- Devon Pendleton, Reporter, Bloomberg News
- Jennifer Strong, Senior Editor, Audio and Live Journalism, Technology Review
- Erin Zlomek, AI and Automation for News Program Manager, Bloomberg
The Xana Fellows will participate in an invitation-only specialized news leadership development session facilitated by Lisa Gibbs, director of news partnerships at the Associated Press, on Thursday, Nov. 19, 4-5 p.m.
This new mid-career leadership program at the conference was launched in honor of SABEW board member and Quartz Executive Editor Xana Antunes. Xana was dedicated to making sure that individual journalists had space to develop their skills even as they faced relentless change across the industry. She also was focused on the gender gap in business news, and the need for more structured opportunities for female business journalists to advance their careers.
The mission of this new program is to help female news managers broaden their professional knowledge and sharpen their leadership skills including fostering a positive newsroom culture, motivating others to meet success, managing up, resolving newsroom conflict, managing change, overseeing budgets and achieving your goals.