Apply to be a Goldschmidt FRED Fellow and attend an in-person advanced data workshop in St. Louis! Journalists chosen to be a Fellow will have the opportunity to:
- Visit the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis to learn about economic data.
- Discover how to graph differing types of FRED data.
- Learn about new data releases.
- Explore data to help you create new stories.
- Hear from speakers who will discuss how they take the pulse of the American economy, feed that information to the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) and influence interest rate decisions.
View the agenda – topics and times are subject to change.
Applicants must be SABEW members. To check the status of your membership, email Tess McLaughlin, email@example.com.
The workshop is funded by a grant to SABEW from the Walter and Karla Goldschmidt Foundation and organized by Marty Steffens, SABEW chair at the University of Missouri. The St. Louis Federal Reserve will be supplying much of the content.
Follow the workshop conversation on Twitter: #SABEWandFRED.