The Best in Business Book Awards is closed for entries.
The winner and finalists will be announced in late October.
• SABEW will recognize the best business book published between July 31, 2020 – July 31, 2021.
Entrants should upload only 5,000-word book excerpts. If your book is selected into the final round, you will need to send 14 hard copies or electronic manuscripts to the judging committee for the final round of judging.
• $75 USD entry fee for SABEW members
• $100 USD entry fee for non-members
The awards will recognize groundbreaking books that explore important modern business, investing and finance issues, companies, individuals or industries.
• Books must be a non-fiction work written about a company, business topic or business leader, published from July 31, 2020 – July 31, 2021.
• Biographies, “how-to” books, management, personal finance and leadership advice books are not eligible to be submitted for a Best in Business Book Award.
• Anthologies, new editions, re-issues, reprints, translations, collections of previously published work are not eligible.
• Books must be written in English or translated. The contest is open to publishers internationally, as long as the submission is in English. Please include the original publish date of the submission and the date the book was published in English.
• All books/e-books must carry an ISBN number and be available for sale in retail/bookstores in North America or internationally. Books that are available by print-on-demand only or online sales only are ineligible. Self-published books are also ineligible.
• The decision of the judges as to whether a book is eligible shall be binding. If it is determined that your entry is ineligible, a full refund of your entry fee will be given.
SABEW has selected an esteemed panel of business journalists and finance professionals who are passionate about the craft, and excited to celebrate those authors who have demonstrated it through their works of nonfiction.
The judges will use the following criteria to evaluate each entry:
• The quality of the writing.
• The quality of the reporting.
• Storytelling and narrative.
• Scope and importance of the book given its subject matter.
Submissions must be entered into SABEW’s contest platform no later than August 9, 2021, 5 p.m. ET and must include (and in this order):
• An image of the book cover.
• An image of the table of contents (if it has one).
• A maximum of 5,000 words selected from the book by its author, editor or publisher as representative of the book as a whole (select the best chapter or two).
• A brief author bio.
• A short cover letter about the significance of the book’s topic.
• If requested, finalists must send copies of the complete book directly to the judges. All finalists’ books must be printed, including e-books.
When submitting your excerpt, please provide a clear copy as this is what the judges will use to review the book. The book pages should be uploaded in portrait layout, not horizontal/landscape orientation.
After your entry has been submitted, we will review the excerpt to ensure it can be read with ease. If the copy is blurry or difficult to read, the awards team will ask you to provide us with another version.
Questions? Please contact Tess McLaughlin: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best in Business Book Award Sponsor